Exactly 9(-ish) Words of Encouragement from the Bodhi Team
Nine little boosts to get you going
Is there something you’ve been wanting to start or change, but you just keep conveniently procrastinating for some reason? Say no more! We’re your (third) biggest cheerleader (besides you and your mom) and we’re here to help with 9 techniques in bite-sized form.
- Start by starting. Trust us, motivation is coming right behind you. So just start! What are you waiting for? Can’t start right away? Put it on your calendar. It’s going to be harder to ignore when you get that notification.
- Be specific. Make sure your goal is specific and measurable. You need to know whether you’re succeeding or not. Be sure to stop and measure along the way.
- Try focusing on just that ONE first step. That’s not so daunting, is it?
- Get support. Tell someone else who will support you and keep you accountable. Leverage those trusted relationships with a mentor or “that stern friend” to keep you on track and cheer you on.
- ...And if you don’t have a support network, pretend you have a choir of people cheering you on. No, really.
- Give yourself a reward. Yep, a little bribery never hurts. In fact, it’s scientifically proven to help! This can be however big or small!
- Be grateful. Often our demotivation stems from our lack of gratitude for all that we already have. So don’t forget to stop and think about how awesome your life already is!
- Everything’s easier with a why. Remind yourself WHY you wanted to do this in the first place. Write it down if you have to. Let that reason tie back to your core values. Let it resonate with your identity. Let it be your motivator.
- Be your own cheerleader. The only thing truly permanent in your life is YOU! Remember: If you don’t do this for yourself, no one else will. You’re solely responsible for your own destiny. So be your best motivator when you’re feeling stuck, your biggest cheerleader when it gets tough, go easy on yourself when you stumble, and celebrate yourself when you succeed.
Do you have techniques of your own? Shoot us a line! We’d love to hear them. We love learning and growing as much as you do.
See you at the finish line!
The Bodhi Band Team