Candles are a symbol for hope. They portray light in your life. Their flame brings warmth and symbolizes strength. With this candle making kit, you'll get to experience the joy of making candles without having to do the guesswork of what type of and how much materials to buy. Our instructions are easy to follow and allow you to focus on the fun art of making candles.
- 3oz 100% Pure Natural Beeswax (Enough for 2 candles)
- 2 candle tins (1" tall x 2.75" diameter)
- 2 wicks & wick bases
- Booklet of practices, rituals, and affirmations designed to help you learn to incorporate optimism into your life
Humans have been using beeswax for all sorts of things for millennia. It makes a wonderful fuel for candles. It burns brighter and longer than other waxes. It is all natural and burns safer and cleaner than paraffin wax. Beeswax is sustainable and environmentally friendly. Plus, the natural yellow makes a really great-looking candle.
HOPE & OPTIMISM
Admittedly, hope and optimism a tad different, but they are being used synonymously here. In this context, both words should be understood to be: the process of setting and following through on goals, seeing the good in the world, keeping alive its possibility, and trusting that it is there, even (especially) when it is hard to see.
Being optimistic is one of the most valuable skills you can develop. (Yes, it's a skill, and yes, anyone can develop it.) Besides its obvious impact on your happiness and emotional health, there are countless other benefits to being optimistic, including reduced stress, better coping skills, quicker recovery from hardships, and as a result of all of that, a more successful life.
With the practices included with your candle kit, you'll learn to cultivate optimism. You'll learn some practices that help you identify positive thoughts that fuel helpful and beneficial reactions. In doing so, you'll consciously choose to focus on these constructive thoughts, helping you to respond more positively and appropriately in everyday situations. In short, you'll be more optimistic.
CANDLE MAKING INSTRUCTIONS
Kit includes 2 tins, 2 wicks, and 2 candles worth of beeswax. (This 3oz package should be spread evenly between 2 candles.) Candle-making can be so rewarding, so HAVE FUN AND BE SAFE!
- Use the glue provided to attach your wicks to the center of the bottom of your tins.
- Heat your wax until fully liquified, around 180°F. Do this using a double boiler method – two pots or pans, where the bottom pot is gently boiling water. Note: You will likely be able to clean your pot of wax residue after candle-making, but you may wish to use a dedicated pot/bowl just in case.
- Let your wax cool to around 150-160°F. At this temp, you may add a fragrance. This is where you can really personalize your candle! There are tons of great options online, but we recommend rose essential oil for its uplifting properties. Lavender and plumeria are also quite nice and relaxing aromas. ½-to-1 teaspoon should do the trick for your 3oz of wax. Stir for at least 1 minute so the scent can bond with the wax.
- Carefully pour the wax into your tins. Gently stabilize your wicks upright. You can use chopsticks or pencils.
- Let fully harden (~30 mins) before cutting the wick to around ¼ inch. Let cure for 3 days before lighting.
- Enjoy your homemade candle!